Hello Everyone -- I hope you had a lovely Christmas / Holiday weekend!
I had a lovely holiday -- fun, relaxed, and a good meal shared.
I currently have many items discounted from 15 to 30%, but I want to let you know that the 30% is only a one-day Flash Sale which will run only until Wednesday night, December 28!
Link to my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/abundant-empress
Here are a few of the items included in the 30% discount sale:
And, it is Tasty Tuesday today, so I am sharing a recipe that can add enjoyment to your New Year's meal, or it can be a great comfort-food side dish any time.
Warning -- this recipe is NOT a diet recipe. It is definitely comfort food.
DECADENT POTATO CASSEROLE
8 to 10 new red potatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup (do not add water)
1 cup of sour cream
Several slices of Monterey Jack cheese
6 to 8 green onions, chopped
Instructions (this will be a layered casserole):
1) Cook potatoes with skins on. When they are done cooking, allow to sit for about 5 minutes and then slice in half or quarters.
2) Mix can of soup and sour cream together.
3) In a greased casserole dish, layer potatoes, onions, soup mixture, and cheese.
4) Add a dash of salt and pepper to your taste.
5) Repeat step 3 to make 2 or 3 layers, depending on the size and type of casserole dish you are using. Make sure that cheese goes on the very top.
6) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes. Allow dish to set for 1 minute after removing from oven. Serve.