Tasty Tuesday (Sorry for my absence recently)
Hi All -- I have not blogged for a few weeks. It's a long boring story, so I am just going to jump in to sharing a recipe with you for Tasty Tuesday.
The recipe this week is for a hearty, hot, flavorful soup.
Cheese and Onion Soup
1 large onion, chopped in small pieces
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
4 cups milk
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack and Colby Cheese
1) In large saucepan, saute onion in butter.
2) Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until blended.
3) Gradually add milk.
4) Bring to a gentle boil, then turn heat down a bit and let the soup thicken, stirring constantly.
5) Add cheese and stir until melted.
6) Remove from heat and serve in bowls. Sprinkle surface of soup with seasoned croutons and serve. Yields about 6 servings.