I want to wish you all a very happy Valentine's Day!
I hope all of you receive the gifts of love in all kinds of ways this coming year -- love among friends, love in a marriage or significant relationship, love and fun with your pets, and more. I also hope that you all have the chance to do something that you love -- get into cooking, read more good books, make things, travel, play sports, learn to play an instrument, and other things you might want to do.
Love makes life rich!
In keeping with the sweet theme of the day, I am sharing a dessert recipe:
Pecan Pie Bars
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sweetened, condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (6-ounce almond brickle chips OR toffee chips)
1 cup pecans, chopped
1) Mix flour and sugar.
2) Cut the margarine or butter into the flour and sugar mixture.
3) Press mixture into 9 x 13" pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
4) Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread that mixture on crust.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden.
6) If you need to store the bars, store them in the refrigerator.