Apple Cinnamon Scones
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 and 1/4 cup oats
1 apple -- peeled, cored, and diced (I often use Haralson or Braeburn apples for baking, but you can use a type you prefer).
10 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/3 cup whole milk
A blend of cinnamon and sugar
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2) In large mixing bow, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
3) Stir in oats and diced apple.
4) In separate bowl, whisk together egg, butter, and milk. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
5) On lightly-floured surface, pat dough into an 8" circle that is about 3/4" thick.
6) Cut into 8 to 12 wedges and place on greased cookie sheet.
7) Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
8) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.