My routine has been upset recently...
I have been spending a lot of time in doctor's offices and waiting rooms. For one thing, I broke my foot. Not sure how I did it, but it started hurting one day and swelled up and did not really get any better, so I went in and found out I broke it -- in several places. Go me!
I get to go in to town again tomorrow to find out whether or not I will need surgery. I am wearing a big ugly boot on my foot, but it does minimize the pain a lot since it holds the foot in one position.
There are some other issues that require appointments as well, so I am trying to keep up with business and home tasks as well, but it is a challenge.
Our Recipe Tonight is Beef and Spinach Over Rice.
1 pound ground beef
1 (4-Ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 can cream of celery soup (do not add water)
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon oregano (again, to your taste)
Salt and pepper to your taste
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1) Combine beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and oregano. Brown in skillet.
2) Salt and pepper to taste.
3) Place thawed spinach on top of browned beef mixture and cover.
4) Add the cream of celery soup and the sour cream.
5) Let the spinach steam this way (just a few minutes) until it is soft enough to mix in with the other ingredients.
6) Stir to blend all the ingredients in the skillet so far.
7) Place mixture into medium-sized casserole dish.
8) Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on top.
9) Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.
10) Serve over cooked rice.
Well, gotta get to bed. That doctor appointment tomorrow is early in the morning and I have a ways to drive.