Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sharing a Couple of Recipes

Every Thursday I share recipes on my Abundant Empress Facebook page.  Today I shared two recipes, so I thought I would post them on my blog as well.   In the future, I will try to post a different recipe here on my blog every Tuesday.   The blog recipes will be different from the Facebook recipes.  But because today was a bonus day of two recipes, I wanted to post both of them here.  They are tasty. 

Hi Everyone! It was a golden day here in Minnesota, and the air is getting chilly. I love days like this because I feel energized to get a lot accomplished. And, let us not forget...
It's THursday -- Thyme to Share a Recipe!
I declare it a bonus day today, so I am going to share with you TWO super simple recipes: One is for a lovely spread that you can serve with crackers or veggies at a party (or a Friday movie night, curled up on the couch with your honey, your kids, or your pets, or all of them).
One is for a vegetable side dish that will add nutrition and flavor to many types of lunch or supper meals.
RECIPE 1:
BACON SMOKEY SPREAD
Ingredients:
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled into bits
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Sliced green onion (optional)
Instructions:
1) Combine cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
2) Mix until well blended.
3) Add remaining ingredients.. Mix well.
4) Top with a few crumbles of bacon if desired, also top with small slices of green onion if desired.
5) Chill for about 1 hour.
6) Serve with crusty bread rounds, crackers, or fresh-cut veggies.




RECIPE 2:
ITALIAN STYLE BROCCOLI
Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 pounds of broccoli, cut into flowerets
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh lemon will taste better than the jar lemon juice for this)
Instructions:
1) Steam broccoli in large skillet for 5 minutes until crispy-tender.
2) Remove broccoli from skillet, and drain.
3) Pour oil into skillet and add garlic.
4) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until garlic is LIGHTLY golden -- do not let the garlic brown too much, or it will be bitter.
5) Add broccoli and lemon juice to skillet, Toss gently.
6) Cover skillet and cook for 1 additional minute.
Those are the two recipes for this week. Thanks for checking in.


No comments: