Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tasty Tuesday

Wow, what a week.  The show was on Saturday.  Over 3,000 people came through, and sales were better than they ever have been.  I was not sure what to expect with this being an election week and all.  I am a bit sore still from lugging around boxes of my creations and from being at the table all day.

I took my mom with me today as I went sourcing, gorgeous November day, no jacket required. 

Anyway, time to focus on the recipe.  I enjoy many kinds of Asian food, and I have been craving egg rolls, chow mein, beef and broccoli, and more types of Asian food lately.

So, to hopefully help satisfy the Asian food cravings, I am sharing a recipe for:

Fried Rice

Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons Salad Oil
4 cups cold cooked rice
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed, rinsed, and drained of excess moisture.
1 cup shredded or diced cooked pork, beef, or shrimp
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste (optional)
6 green onions, including tops, thinly sliced or chopped

Instructions:

1)  Saute rice in oil over medium heat for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
2)  Add meat and peas to the rice.  
3)  Pour beaten eggs over rice mixture.
4)  Cook, stirring often, until egg is set.
5)  Mix Soy Sauce with the sugar and salt,
6)  Sprinkle onions and pour Soy Sauce over the top of the rice mixture.
7)  Stir until blended and then serve.




No comments: