Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Store is Closed for Christmas and Tasty Tuesday Recipe

Christmas Week is Underway

Since it is too late now to reliably expect packages to arrive at their destinations in time for Christmas, and sales are winding down as people prepare for the holidays, I have closed my eBay store until December 27.  I have a lot to get done around my home, and I have been putting off making my Christmas wreath for my front door, so I want to get that done -- will share photos here when it is complete.  My goal is to handle that tomorrow.  Today is devoted to catching up on laundry.  Thursday I need to put together 2 IKEA carts to use for storage in my studio.  They will both have wheels, so they will offer lots of flexibility on placement as needs change.

For Tasty Tuesday, I have a recipe for an easy main dish meal using chicken:  

Chicken Paprika


Ingredients:

2 pounds chicken parts
2 Tablespoons cooking oil or shortening
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (try to use juice from an actual lemon rather than bottled lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Instructions:

1)  In skillet, brown chicken in shortening or cooking oil.  Pour off fat.

2)  Stir in remaining ingredients.  

3)  Cover, and cook over low heat until done (roughly 45 minutes).  Make sure to stir occasionally.

4)  Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.

Optional add-in items (add in when the soup is added):
* 1 cup frozen peas that have been thawed with hot water and drained.
* 1 small can of mushroom pieces and stems.



You can make this as a very basic recipe, or you can add the additional items suggested, or come up with some of your own add-ins.  It's a simple meal, cooked in one pan, and good protein when the family has a lot going on during the holiday preparations.

I hope to be back tomorrow with some photos of my wreath -- I am making it exclusively with items I found at Dollar Tree (one of my favorite places).



No comments: